Thursday, July 5, 2007

38

So, On Monday...
I turn 38. I never thought I would be in better shape at 38 then I was at 28 but I think I am. Julie had a very nice blog today about things she is grateful for in her life and I think I will do one to commemorate my upcoming oldness!
1. My wonderful wife who takes care of me and makes sure I have things I need and want. She is my rock and my love!
2. My wonderful children! Jessi with all the things that make her a wonderful daughter! Her craftiness and home made B-Day cards and Father's Day stuff, her cooking and friends. Sean with his 100% boy attitude and fearlessness and his devoted loyalty and awe with me.
3. My family- Mom and Dad and all the things they do for us and all the help they gave us over the years.
4. My friends- good to have two back in my life that haven't been there for a long time and like hanging out and playing dominoes or drinking and just chatting. Nicole and Tim and Kristie for always coming to spend time and hang out.
5. My house! I love owning our own home and having a backyard and hunting and fishing spots so close!
6. My job! Yes, it is demanding and I work A LOT but I like my job and like the people I work with! I want to retire from there if that says anything!
7. OK, this is cheating because I've already said her but my wife's cooking! And not just spinach artichoke dip either!
8. The Vikings- they are pitiful and pathetic but some day, my loyalty is going to pay off and I will cry like a little baby!
9. Hunting and fishing! They keep me sane and give me things to teach my son and chances for him and I to create stories together that we will tell for the rest of our lives!
10. My health! I work out a lot and I like the way I look for the first time in a long time! I am healthier now then I have been in a long time!
Well, I am off to work out, speaking of health and then I think I will take a shower and read some of my book. I think I have a pretty good list there and I am very grateful and happy for all the things on there! Later

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome list! I know I left Beer off of mine...To quote a wise old man...

Beer is God's way of letting us know he loves us....Ben Franklin~

Happy Birthday lets have a few drinks either Friday or Saturday night Kay?

Rick Jordan said...

I am definitely in! My party isn't until next Saturday though! Just let Jerry know what you guys want to do and I will be ready! I am picking him up tomorrow morning and I think giving him a ride home!

Kristie said...

I'm so happy you included me in this list!! THANK YOU! =)

Rick Jordan said...

No problem! You guys are on our 'short list'! LOL