Friday, June 1, 2007

King James

OK, For the People Who...
Normally read my blog, tonight's blog is not going be very interesting! I watch a lot of sports! My wife would argue that I watch sports all the time! I used to be a HUGE NBA fan! I love the Sixers and loved Dr. J and Barkley and Moses and AI. Over the last six or seven years, I had watched less and less basketball. I caught a couple of games that Kobe played in and a few games that Lebron played in and I usually watch the conference finals and championship finals. I use to live NBA- watch season games, watch MJ whenever he played and everyone watched and talked about MJ when he played! When MJ retired, a lot of people turned off the NBA. The Lakers with Kobe and Shaq were entertaining and I watched them, too! Last night, I made a mistake! I watched game 5 between the Cavs and Pistons and was captivated, entertained and 100% impressed with the 22 year old phenom that is Lebron! People had been saying for years that he would single handedly save the NBA. They were right! I watched that game last night and remembered why I loved the NBA! The man single handedly took over the game! He said ok, enough of this- we are not losing this game! He scored 29 of the last 30 points his team scored! He hit unbelievably difficult three pointers, drove the lane and jammed balls home, made foul shots and hit fade away jumpers! I just shook my head and said to myself this is what the NBA has been waiting for! The kid was on another planet last night! Does he have MJ's drive to win? Time will tell! I would like to say thank you, Lebron! You made a 37 year old man who had given up on the NBA take notice, watch and cheer and feel the love for the game that I haven't felt in years! Later