Wednesday, June 20, 2007

New Book!

My Wife Got Me...
To start reading a new book and I don't even know the name of it! It is about the end of the world and a man and his son hiding and running and starving on a long trek south. My wife new I would have some things to say when I started reading it and she was right! I would NEVER lower myself to running away from people because there was more than one of them! People do not threaten you when you threaten back and even if there were ten people coming after you, the rest of them lose their nerve when one of their people falls down dead! I would have cached away enough guns and ammo to last me 100 years and I would have got more reloading stuff then I could ever use! I am not saying I would welcome a dire situation like that but I have been raised to succeed in a situation like that! I can shoot, fend for myself and take care of myself. I can hook up generators, fix broken things and cut firewood. I can scavenge and find things I need! I can fish, hunt and forage. Our receptionist at work is a very short, small woman. She is 4' 10" tall and weighs 100 pounds roughly. She was telling me this morning that some guy tried to run her off the road and followed her home after that! I told her to get a pistol! She hunts turkey and deer and knows how to handle a gun so I told her to get a good, light 9MM and learn to shoot it then get a concealed weapons permit. She said she couldn't shoot another person! I told her if another person is threatening her like that, she needs to have some way to protect herself! I don't think she'd really have to shoot someone! Guns usually take the fight out of people relatively quickly! Obviously, the person wasn't right and could have really hurt her or worse! Well, off to work out and read some more of my book! Later

7 comments:

Colleen said...

WOw... I am SO not going there with you again on this... ok... yes I am...

I realize you are only halfway through the book...

but are you NOT GRASPING that it is MANY MANY YEARS AFFFFFTERRRRR all the shit went down and EVERYTHING IS GONE!?? Seriously. You have NO cache of guns right now. It could happen tomorrow. You would be no better off than anyone else. And even if you DID have a cache of a million guns. You are ONE MAN. If a HUGE GANG of gun totin' people eaters were headed for you and Sean, I would CERTAINLY hope that you would have the BRAINS enough in your head to realize that you alone would most definitely lose that battle and you ...and your son... would be eaten. You wanna be eaten!!?? DO YA!!!???

GEESH... I wish others that read the book could pipe in here because SURELY they would agree with me... but that is probably not the best idea I guess :::smirk:::

Rick Jordan said...

I DO grasp it! The whole world has ended! That means MANY more guns for each person left! I didn't mean I had that many guns- you get them from places and people! And the only gang so far were caring sticks which I would gladly take on a group of men carrying sticks with an arsenal of guns! You don;t grasp that I would have more guns on me then a X-mas tree has ornaments! I would not hesitate to kill every single person that wanted to eat me or my son! F running! Everyone I kill is one less I have to worry about!

Colleen said...

You are impossible.

You make me understand why long ago men didn't want women reading and 'gettin' all those "thoughts" in their heads' ROFL

No more books for you!

Rick Jordan said...

We are talking about the end of the world! NOT a camping trip to Baxter! I know I am violent when I talk about scenarios like this but I would much rather kill someone then have someone I love get killed! Look at it this way- Sean and I are hunting. A bear attacks us and I have two choices- run and get caught and one of us attacked and mauled or stand my ground, put Sean behind me and kill the bear. I think you know which way I would go in that situation!

Rick Jordan said...

He'd make a very nice rug!

Colleen said...

Now see what you've done! You've FORCED me to resort to name calling! ;) ;)

Rick Jordan said...

Once again- NO chance I have only three bullets! I can reload my own bullets and would have plenty of ammo!