Sunday, April 29, 2007

Turkey Eve

Today Is...
Turkey Eve! What the hell is turkey eve you ask? That would be the day before the opening of turkey season! I can't wait for tomorrow! I saw the bird I want to shoot on Saturday and he and I will do battle tomorrow morning promptly at 5AM! He hangs out in an area that I have shot birds before and I have called in other birds there as well! It is pouring rain out right now and I am hoping that it well let up for tomorrow or the hunting will probably be slow! I need to go to the dump in a few minutes and run through all my turkey hunting stuff and make sure I am ready for tomorrow! I have more calls then a real turkey and haven't really planned on how I will approach tomorrow call wise! I want to try my new blind, my new decoys and my new gobbler call and see what happens! I have never hunted the first week and I am looking forward to calling to birds that aren't call shy yet!

I Wasted...

A big part of yesterday listening and watching the NFL draft! I love the draft and in my opinion, it should be a holiday! You can make or break your team on draft day in the NFL! The Vikes selected the best running back in the entire draft, a tall, fast wide receiver and a corner back in the first three rounds! The running back was an incredible pick! They got the second best talent in the draft with the 7th pick! I want a Peterson jersey bad! I think he is going to be #28 and will be the face of my team for years and years! Hopefully, they can build a team around him like San Diego did with LT! Now, I want Direct TV so I can have my football back! My wife says it isn't happening:( Not her fault- we have Dish Network and we are locked in for 18 months so I can't switch! The NFL is really missing the boat on keeping the NFL package with Direct TV! If they would split it up between cable and all the providers, they would get way more subscriptions! I would get it in a heartbeat!

1 comment:

Artistically Twisted said...

I did my dump runs yesterday... so at least Julie won't come home to a foul and rancid home. More on that Later.