Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Bummed Because I...

Went Back to Work!
I had my two days off and I have to say- it was totally awesome! We ate, shopped, played Wii, browsed the inter net, got turkey stuff gathered up and bought and basically had an all and out blast! I missed having two days off- A LOT! I think I am back to my normal schedule and I couldn't be happier! Actually, work wasn't too bad today! Things got done, people left me alone and I plugged away at my computer and showed Bill some things he was messing up when I was gone! He seems like a really good guy and I think he will be a good fit for us down there.

Watched the Islanders Lose!
Yes, my beloved Islanders lost to Buffalo 3-2 and now are behind in the series 2-1 games. The refs were quite bad in the game and cost the Isles a chance to tie it with 1:34 left in the game! Buffalo is the best team in the East and the Isles are seated 8th but I really thought they had a chance at the upset- especially with De Pietro coming back in net! Well, it isn't over yet but if they lose on Wednesday, you can say wait for next year! My Vikings are doing absolutely nothing to be more competitive next year and I don't know why! They need two or three years before they are going to be a good team again! The person they need to draft to be good next year won't be there when they pick at number 7.

Don't Have to Work Out!
OK, not really bummed- more like relieved! Wow, what a tragedy at Virginia Tech! Some wacko goes psycho and kills 33 people! Do you know what really bothers me about these things! People will use this as a reason for gun control and tighter control on guns and ammo! Look, it is a tragedy what happened- no one would argue that it isn't! The guy was an absolute fucking nut job! Put 1000 guns in 1000 normal people's hands and nothing happens. Put one gun in a fucking psycho's hands and people die! When will people realize that it isn't the guns fault! It is the fucking wacko carrying the gun that is the problem! Now, think for one second if one of those other students had a gun and shot the guy that was killing all the people! He would be a hero and no one would wonder or care how he got his gun in there! The scarriest scenario for me is being in a place like that without a gun to defend myself! Atleast give me the chance to kill someone before they kill me! My opinion is it is time to have armed guards at schools! Our children have to be safe in school! If they aren't safe in school, where are they safe? No wonder so many people are switching to home schooling even though I think that totally messes up kids, too! Later

No comments: