Sunday, April 22, 2007

Gun Control

I Used to Have a T-Shirt That Said...
Gun control is being able to hit the target! In case you didn't know, gun control is a VERY touchy subject with me. I firmly believe in the 2ND Ammendment and belive that banning guns is against the Constitution of the US! When the US separated from England, England had a law banning all guns in England! Do you know why England banned guns? So that no one revolt against the ruling party! The settlers that came to this country did not adopt England laws and guns were allowed here- actually needed if you wanted to live here! So, England thought we were getting too independent over here and sent troops over here to squash us and get us back in line. When they got here, they found out that we all had guns, too! The rest is, as they say, history! This country is free because you can do what you want and this country is free because we allow our citizens to be armed and defend your home against harm! To me, this is nonnegotiable! To see some jackass on TV blaming guns because some fucking idiot took a gun and shot his daughter is America in 2007! Blame everyone and everything but the moron who shot his daughter! This is liberal thinking at its best! They defend the criminal because of his childhood then blame everyone and everything BUT the person responsible and try and take some drastic action like sueing a gun company for a murder! First, what did the gun company have to do with someone shooting someone else! I would say the gun did exactly what it was supposed to do! Guns are violent and are made to kill or injure! A gun in my hand is as safe as a butter knife! The same gun in a psychopath's hand is scarry! Do I want the chance that some crazy person comes to my house to harm me and my family and I don't have the option of having a gun here to defend them and myself? NEVER! Sorry, come in my house uninvited and I have every right to take your life! You crossed the line and you could pay with your life! Let's take the guns out of legal, law abiding citizens and make it so people can't defend their homes, family and property. Criminals don't care how they get guns- they will steal them, buy them on the black market or do whatever they have to to get them. All gun control will do is take guns away from law abiding citizens and make them easy targets for burglars and criminals! Well, that is my rant for today! Later

5 comments:

Colleen said...

When the constitution was written the 'arms' they were all given the right to bear were muskets and cannons. They had NO IDEA...and never could have even FATHOMED... that someday there would be guns that would kill dozens of people with one pull of the trigger.

It was an ENTIRELY different world then. People had to hunt and/or grow their food. They worked ALL DAY just to LIVE. People didn't go crazy like they do today because they didn't have time to sit around contemplating crazy things. And those that WERE crazy were either hung, or locked up.

Other laws have been changed to reflect the different time that we live in... and none of this has ANYTHING to do with hunting. You don't need an automatic weapon to hunt.

Rick Jordan said...

And if you were right and they only wanted to ban automatic weapons I would STILL be against it! Why? Because three of the guns I own are classified as 'automatic weapons' by the liberal idiots! And all three of those are hunting guns! If they didn't have an agenda and weren't trying to get ALL guns, I wouldn't worry but I know better!

Colleen said...

Paranoid much?

Rick Jordan said...

Not paranoid- just telling the truth!

Nicole said...

I am totally staying out of this one, I only have one word......................CRRAAAAZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYY! LOL!