Thursday, April 26, 2007

Lesson Learned!

OK, Before I Go Work Out,
I need to blog since I have been a blog slacker! Actually, had quite an interesting morning! I head to work as usual, drive almost all the way to work and I am going down Broadway by the high school when I see a deer standing on the right side of the road looking like it was going to cross the road. I slow right down and almost come to a stop and the deer crosses like ten feet in front of my car! Well, the lady coming the other way didn't see the deer at all and drilled it hard in the front! The deer spun around and dropped dead right in the middle of the road! Well, I can't leave the lady there all alone so I turn around and go back. I walk up to her and ask her if she is OK and she is clearly upset and not thinking straight so I tell her to call the police and I will get the deer out of the road! So, I drag the deer out of the road, go check on her and ask her if she wants the deer. She says no so I decide that I will wait for the police and take the deer! The police come, he gives me a tag for the deer and I load it in my car and drive to work. I take the deer out back in the woods and gut it out and discover that it was a pregnant doe with two fawns still inside her. I then load the deer in a pick-up truck and take it out to my house to put it down in the basement until I get home from work! Well, wasn't really thinking that no one at my house would not be expecting their Dad home at 8 AM so I open the bilco and go into the house to go pee. I scared the crap out of my kids who went running up to my wife and said something was in the basement and someone was in the house. Then, just jokingly I say that I hit a deer and totaled my car! Then, I come home, skin the hind quarters and bring them upstairs to cut up and my wife has a melt down at me and leaves! Moral of the story- just say no when someone asks you if you want the deer! Much easier and safer that way! Honestly, I believe in the whole karma thing and I thought this was payback for the coyotes getting the deer that I shot during deer season and I was actually feeling good about it until I became public enemy number 1 to Colleen! Well, I think next time I will leave well enough alone and not bring home a deer unless I shoot it during deer season! I am sorry if I pissed the whole world off today- I wasn't really trying to- I was trying to do what I thought was right and take care of a deer that the lady killed! Next time, I will simply say no or give the deer away to someone else!

1 comment:

Artistically Twisted said...

Well bro... if you need help eatin' some of that deer.... you gimme a holler!