Monday, April 30, 2007

Well, I Spent Hours...
Getting ready for turkey season and the whole season lasted less than three hours! I am not complaining though! I was pissed I didn't get a bird last year and was determined to take the first good bird that gave me a shot! We saw a ton of birds this morning! We saw four toms and one bearded hen! I shot the bearded hen! My blind was awesome and I think definitely a difference maker! I like sitting in my blind in a comfortable chair waiting for birds without getting wet or eaten alive by bugs! We went over to tag my bird and there were two other groups of hunters tagging birds! One was a young girl about Jessi's age who had just shot her first bird! I still think mine is more interesting! Ron says he has only seen two other hens with beards on them! And to top it off, she has a 5 1/2 inch beard! The thing that clued me into it not being a jake is the fact that the bird doesn't have any spurs! Well, I am happy with my bird and even though I can't say that I have killed every turkey I have shot at, that does make me 5 for 6! Later

No comments: