Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Totally Bummed!

I Actually Had a...
Pretty good day at work today! I rode in with Jerry which meant I needed to find a ride home or my poor wife would have had to come all the way to Bangor to pick me up at 530. I know she wouldn't have minded but I don't like to make her drive around needlessly when she doesn't really need to! She had already called me like 20 times at work- talk about role reversal! She switched the company she bought her new camera from, she had a little project for me to do tonight that she wanted to warn me about and she might have to rearrange her trip this weekend! Well, the day went by- kind of slow really which was odd for a pretty busy day! I had Todd give me a ride home so I happened to ask him if everything was good and that I could take Monday off with Bill coming back. He says, "oh- I meant to talk to you earlier today." I instantly knew that it wasn't good news he was going to lay on me! He proceeds to explain that Bill called him and isn't coming. I said, "he isn't coming Monday?" And Todd replies, "no- he isn't coming ever!" Well, I was pretty excited about having Mondays off for the foreseeable future but I took it OK. I sucked it up like I always do and they can count on me! I will be there for them- I always am! I don't know what to feel or do now! I was REALLY looking forward to two days off and now I have that Labor Day weekend and not again until I train someone new! I am not working every day of deer season! Sorry- not happening! I will take the second week off or else I will simply shoot the first deer I see and end it there! This dampens my spirits considerably! I was looking forward to something that I had a gut feeling was a long shot! Oh well, I will have a mini fit about it tonight and will realize that life will go on! I will work, sleep, screw, eat and work out and spend what time I can with my wife and kids! They start school next week and I will still always be home at night! Well, off to go work on my wife's little project! Later

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Just HAD to slip the screwin' in, didntcha? ;)

It does suck... but it's not like it's anything new... we'll be fine :)

Now get to projectin,' Mister!

Rick Jordan said...

I am done project building, whacko! LOL- I like those quick, easy projects!