Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Philosophical... Or I'm An Idiot

Probably the Latter!
Today at work was 100 times better than yesterday! Well, until 445 when all heck broke loose and trucks were breaking down like crazy! I did 6 road calls in 45 minutes plus set up a road call for 8 PM tonight and then I came home. My kids went to the movies with my Mom and had a really good time! I have to work out tonight and am actually looking forward to it! Big Brother is also on tonight so my wife and I will be watching that at 9PM.

As Some People Know,
AJ had a baby last weekend. Well, not AJ- everyone would have heard if a guy had a baby! He lives with his girl friend in Lewiston who he moved down to be with when he found out she was pregnant. They have a son who is 7 months old now and when he moved down, he found out his ex-girlfriend up here was pregnant, too! OUCH! Well, the little guy was having some trouble out of the gate but has recovered and is doing fine now! I wonder how those two are going to get along when they get older? Will the one that doesn't live with his Dad feel envious and jealous and hate his slightly older brother? I don't think there is any way those two kids ever get along! AJ messed up pretty bad here! He is mad because the girl up here wouldn't give his son AJ's last name. I don't know if that would bother me were I in the same situation. There is a difference here though- AJ is 22 years old and I am 38! We are both pretty immature when we joke with each other but he looks to me for advise on things in life. I don't have any profound wisdom for him in his current situation! He loves the woman he is with and loves both his sons. His ex is crazy and a bit off the wall! I have no doubt she manipulated getting pregnant so he wouldn't leave! Maybe it will all work out for the best- who really knows? This is a mess that only he can fix and there is no cut and dry right and wrong answers to this one! Later

1 comment:

Colleen said...

This is NOT "only a mess he can fix" ...NOBODY can fix that mess. Two kids are going to have very rough lives now... one more than the other and there is nothing anyone can do about it. OF COURSE that kid that doesn't live with his Dad is going to be jealous! Can you IMAGINE your Dad living with and seeing some other kid the same age as you are and seeing you 'once and awhile?' That baby's last name is... or SHOULD be... the LEAST of anyone problems. AND... I'm with the girl on that one. WHY should that kid be reminded EVERY TIME HE WRITES HIS NAME that his parents effed up and he was the result??