Tuesday, August 21, 2007

10 Reasons

Ten Reasons Why I Love the NFL:

1. Adrian Peterson! The number one draft pick of the Vikings in the 2007 draft and the face of the Vikings in the future! The Vikings haven't had a stud running back since I can remember and with the Vikings offensive line, they should pound the ball down people's throats!
2. No other sport can capture the magnitude of a game when you only play 16 games- on Sunday and Monday when everyone can watch! Games in the NFL mean WAY more then baseball(162 games), basketball(82 games) or hockey(84 games). The playoffs are single elimination- meaning lose and you go home! Not seven game series or best of five marathons where the best team usually wins!
3. Parody! Any team can climb from the bottom of the league to the top of the league in one year and it makes even the lowly teams have hope every year! You can build a competitive team in one years time in the NFL- not so in other sports!
4. The game itself! 11 men on both sides, trying to tackle or block or catch or run! How the rest of the world still thinks soccer is better than our football- I don't see it! It has action, violence, grace and speed all blended into one!
5. It is manly! Football is played by men and watched by men and women! I know enough women who love football and rout for teams and know stuff about football! I am kind of snobby when it comes to women talking about sports but Kristie showed me that not only do women watch and enjoy sports, they know just as much as men and can talk a darn mean game, too!
6. This one doesn't apply anymore but my favorite football memories all revolve around being at Scott's house watching football with Buzz, Tiny, John, Scott and Josh! There is something about a bunch of guys getting together, eating tons of food and watching hours of football! It is almost Zen like!
7. It is exciting! If football doesn't pull you to the edge of your seat or make you yell or throw stuff at the TV, you don't care enough! I have ONE tattoo on my body- it is a Vikings tattoo! I will have an arm band one of these days but if the Vikes ever win a Super Bowl, I will have the Lombardi trophy tattooed on my right arm- guaranteed!
8. No other sport makes me care about a team more than the NFL! See #7 if you doubt how much I care!
9. You can talk about it and recall plays and penalties and people remember! People remember the tuck rule in the Pats game to today and all you have to say is the tuck rule and football fans know what you are talking about!
10. It IS Sunday afternoon with friends, food and few beers! Nothing beats it! I really can't explain it but it is bonding and teasing and razzing and games and plays! No other sport comes close!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

10 reasons I think the NFL is dumb...

1. It's stupid.
2. It's boring.
3. It's rigged.
4. It's full of criminals.
5. It's LOUD.
6. It makes people want directv even though they don't give you the local networks like ALL the other companies do
7. It's stupid
8. It's a bunch of guys who are "not gay" slapping each other on the ass.
9. It turns grown men into whiney babies that throw temper tantrums
10. It's stupid

Rick Jordan said...

OMG- the number one sport in America is rigged? Come on! Man, I want Direct TV!

Anonymous said...

BTW.......Woman can love football. I honestly though don't get off on Stats....Because you are only as good as the game you are playing at the moment to me....I have seen players who you don't even know do amazing things and players that are supposed to be amazing SUCKKKKKKK bad ....

Rick Jordan said...

No doubt woman can know football! They should just have to watch it naked! LOL J/K

Kristie said...

Thank you for the honorable mention! =o) I do very much enjoy football and I thank my Dad for teaching me what I know today. Peace, I'm out.

Rick Jordan said...

No problem! I have talked to a lot of women about football and you easily know more about football then any woman I have ever met! Your Dad did a very good job!