Thursday, March 1, 2007

Well, Well, Well!

Well, the word came today that I was waiting for! Jerry is officially an employee of Hartt Transportation! Woo hoo! Jerry called me this morning, then Jim called me and then Rick P came down and told me! I am so happy for Jerry, Julie and Zack! I can't even imagine what Monday mornings must be like for him- knowing he is going to get in a car and leave his son and wife until Friday night! Well, thankfully we took care of that bullshit! Julie and Zack can have their husband and Dad back during the week and he can sleep in his own bed every night. I didn't want to get Jerry's hopes up on Monday, but I have never heard of them not hiring a person that met Rick, Joann and all the people that Jerry met! I interviewed for Hartt twice- the first time as a dispatcher and I met one person. Then I interviewed for the job in the shop that I have now and I met like ten people and I was hired two days later. I knew it would come soon- either yesterday or today but it was such an awesome sigh of relief when he called me! Bro, I am so happy for you! I would have to say your wife is pretty happy with me, too- she dropped off a fifth of Crown for me today and it is limited edition Daytona 500 2007! That bad boy will be cracked on Saturday night when you are over here celebrating your new job with me! Jerry also told me today that he is ordering his new tattoo gun and we can get started on that bad boy sometime soon! Man, this whole thing couldn't have worked out any better! I have someone to ride with me to work and home every night and my best friend will be working 100 yards from me every day! Plus, he will be working in the department that can make my life easier! Awesome, just awesome! Having Jerry live in Hampden when I live in Hampden is worth the outrageous taxes I pay! It is awesome to have him back in my life and it feels SO good to be able to help him! I would have to say the last year of my life has really been the defining year of my life! I work very hard and make good money, I have a wonderful wife who loves me and who I love very much, I have two wonderful children that make my life complete, I have an awesome house that I busted my ass to have and build, I lost over 60 pounds and I have my best friend and his family back in my life after WAY too many years apart. This fall, Sean will be starting school and Colleen will be going back to work which means more income for us! Things are really starting to come together in my life! You learn to appreciate stuff like this when you spend your first ten years together struggling to make ends meet and still have enough money to do fun things when you do have time! Starting out a marriage poor and struggling makes you appreciate things in life! First, you need to work your ass of to get ahead. You need to be willing to take a chance and you need to be committed and honest. Both Jerry and I have never had anything handed to us- we have had to work for everything we have ever had. Well, I never worked that hard at him being my best friend- that actually just happened naturally. He was sitting inside his house one day when a bunch of us stopped over to see his brother and sister. I asked who that was and they said that is Jerry and he is antisocial and hates everyone! I laughed and said I was going in to talk to him. Well, I walk in and say hey and he says hey back. I ask if he wants to come smoke a cig with me and he says what kind do you have? I said Camel nonfilters and he says yeah I suppose. The rest is history- long, sordid, drunken, loud, obnoxious history!
Well, enough of that sappy shit! Jerry got the job, I have a fifth of Crown and very soon I will have a new tat! I need to go work out and watch Idol with Jessi and then have a couple of beers and chill out. My wife is at a Pampered Chef party with my Mom so she won't be home until later. I am off to listen to 80's hair bands on Sirius and work my ass off! Later

3 comments:

Artistically Twisted said...

Actually I believe they said "antisocial Prick" if I remember right ;0)

Rick I can't Begin to tell you how grateful I am!
Our Lives as a family have continued to improve since you and Colleen and the Kids came back into our lives.

I can't wait for Sat night!
You know I would do anything for ya if ya just asked so if there is anything you need from me all you need to do is say the word!

Thank you man... Thank you.

We have had a "long, sordid, drunken, loud, obnoxious history"!
I think we got plenty of time to add to the list. ;p

Anonymous said...

I hear what you are saying Rick. Jerry and I started out with Shit. We couldn't even have our wedding gifts cause the freakin' military would not pay my way over seas like they were supposed to...so My parents and family pilfered through and took what they wanted of most of our stuff...I laugh cause the first year in the Military Jerry made about 10 grand. That is what he spends over and above to live down in Portland all week. Kinda makes you Ill....But we have been way poor...and we have had a lot of cash...When I worked we had things...but never any time. Cause I worked Saturdays which was one of the only days I had with Jerry...It was insane..so we have teetered back and forth between having something and not over the last few years. It has been hard on our marriage...and hard for our son. Now life is going to change. I can't tell you how excited I am. You know I always thought I would be a little jealous of your relationship with Jerry...but you know it turns out to be something completely different. I love to see his happiness ... I love your family so much...The kids will get to grow up together...We have fun doing simple things like games...or really crazy drinking stuff LOL...And just think summer is coming! BTW I love to brook fish...DO you and Sean wanna go with Zack and I sometime? I have always wanted to take Zack (Jerry don't fish) but I didn't like the idea of me walking around in the woods by myself :) I wanna go up to Mopange (sp) stream where my gramps used to take me. Anyway off I go...I don't wanna miss Idol either...I am sooooooo hooked this year. J~

Anonymous said...

I know that completely Rick. But you have to admit..You and Jerry had a past that ledgends are made of :) The way that you love your family makes us (Your, Jerry, Colleen, Me, the kids) all gel. It has been hard to find friends who respect that. I have had friends who just want to break people and families up cause they are not happy with theirs...If that makes any sense. I am at a point in my life where doing stuff with a family and other families is fun. There will be a lot of fun times ahead...Oh I like to fish but I don't eat them...Jerry does though...I am sure he would love fiddlehead and trout. I will clean em'....That's it. Sounds fun!