Thursday, March 15, 2007

John Coslett

To say today was a weird day at work would be an understatement! In the five years I have been there, I have never had a day like today! It started out ok- Todd is gone quail hunting in Georgia so we got things set up for the morning and everyone went to work like they always do. Well, at 930, I go up to the other building and Miranda tells me that some whacko broker guy called and threatened Hartt that he was on his way driving to Hartt and was going to do bodily harm to a bunch of people and bring some guns! I was like WTF? So, then Miranda tells me that they are going to lock all the doors in the building except the front door and she is going to take over reception for the rest of the day. Miranda is ex-military so they figured she could handle trouble better than the other girl who is the receptionist. So, guess who is the first person you see if you decide to come down to my building? You guessed it, me! So I ask Al what he might have in his truck for such a scary proposition and he says he has just the thing for me- a pump 12 gauge shotgun with buckshot! So, I spend the day sitting in my stool next to a 12 gauge and I actually felt fine about it! My theory is if someone wants to threaten me with a gun, I might as well have one, too!
So then I hear through the grapevine that no one has heard from John Coslett since Wednesday morning and his truck hasn't moved! John is old and very nice- he is 72 years old and is one of the nicest men I have ever met! He wasn't looking very good lately! I thought he might be getting sick but he never mentioned anything. Well, my work got worried and called the state police in Arkansas to go out and check in his truck and see if they could find him. Poor old John had passed away! We heard down to the shop about noon time but I had a feeling thast it was coming before I really heard for sure. Leslie lost it and Mark went home to be with her- they were very close to John and loved him. We were all shocked down to the shop! We all just saw him on Monday and to think that three days later he was dead! Well, the good news is they think he died peacefully in his sleep and I couldn't think of a better way to go! The other good news is no crazy guy showed up trying to shoot people, either! John was a great guy! He always bought the shop donuts and took care of us guys down there that worked on his truck! He will be sorely missed by everyone at Hartt! RIP John! Later

3 comments:

Colleen said...

No comments! I guess I had better say something.


Something :)

Artistically Twisted said...

It was a pretty "Down" and Heavy kinda day at work... you could feel it in the air.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.