Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Help On the Way

Well, less than two weeks from today and I will finally have a new guy to train at work! I am so excited, I could almost burst! I can finally go back to two days off a week and get a little sanity back in my life! Working six days for almost four months isn't as easy as it sounds. When you spend all those days all alone with no help, it just makes it worse! My job is hard- it is stressful, busy and very demanding! Put that with ten hour days and one day off a week and I think you get an idea of what it is like! I am SO happy to know that sometime soon I can have my Mondays back and have another day to stay home and be with my wife and kids! They have all been extremely patient waiting for their Dad and husband to get done working these ridiculous hours and go back to normal! It would be even better if sometime soon, the new guy can get in the pager rotation and take one of my weeks that I am on call!
Today was a weird day at work- things didn't go to badly and Al walks in first thing and says that he has a special surprise! His special surprise was a paper bag with two live mice in it! Well, Todd and Al were trying to get both mice into a small box so I could tape it up and send it to AJ in Auburn. Well, one of the mice jumped out of the box and got loose in the parts office! Al goes running away like five bears were chasing him and Todd and I stood there and laughed! The little guy didn't make the trip back into the box alive so we shipped one alive and one dead mouse to Auburn for AJ. Well, as you can imagine, AJ calls me a couple hours later and says that we got him and he couldn't believe we sent a live mouse to him in a box! He said that he didn't jump but Mike about climbed a chair when he saw it! Good times, good times! Man, I wish I could have seen the look on his face when he opened that box and saw that live mouse in there!
Wow, the snow is melting fast and everything is SO muddy! I forgot what spring was like in our new house! We need pavement badly! We probably should have done that instead go to Disney but we have the rest of our lives to straighten out our driveway and get it paved! In case anyone was wondering, I did indeed get my leatherman back from Auburn! A driver brought it in about 430PM! The funny thing is I told Shooter that I probably left it on his nightstand and that Abby was going to bring it in for me and then I got and she showed up! I went out and showed him and told him that Abby did bring my leatherman like she promised she would and he called me some names and cursed his wife for helping me pick on him! I asked AJ about the dark side thing yesterday and he agrees that we are both dark side, although we fight and Tyler and Greg are good side! Oh well, maybe some day we will join our forces and rule the universe! I got myself acquainted with the satellite system for trailers today and next time I will be ready for the fiasco that went down the other night! Later

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Wow... the maturity at your place of 'business' is astounding ROFL!!

Anonymous said...

I really don't want to know how the one mouse met his untimely demise! Remind me to never open a package from you. You are the dark side for sure LOL.....Our front yard is a mud pit too. We are going to have some gravel brought in once the snow is all gone and put in a real driveway area instead of that yucky lawn. Let me know if you need help on your yard...I love planting stuff and all that crap.

Colleen said...

Planting?? What is this "planting?" I am not familiar with this term???




:D

Artistically Twisted said...

Remind me to shake any boxes I get from you nad listen for squeaks. ;0)