Friday, March 21, 2008

Warmer Weather?

Today Is Friday...
But it definitely didn't feel like the first Friday of spring! The wind was brutally cold! Hard to believe fishing season opens a week from Tuesday! Today was surprisingly good for a Friday at work! Especially with Al gone! Tomorrow is my wife's birthday party and I have been looking forward to that all week! I can't get crazy because I am on call but I can still have fun and hang out with people I enjoy hanging out with! Colleen and Jessi had a blast at the concert and Sean and I had a nice night visiting with B and Grampa and playing games! I have done really well this week working out! I have really pushed myself and I feel good! Sunday will be ok until 5 or so and then I get to spend the night fixing my car! Can't say I am looking forward to that! Well, off to watch The Mist with my wife and go to bed! Night

4 comments:

TC said...

hey Rick, cool to find a local boy here! First the rifle on your title pic...I'm guessing...winchester, late 1800's/early 1900's, ? 44 ?
Any way, had to say hi to a local. Your blogs cool, and I have you bookmarked. I'll be back.

Rick Jordan said...

1944 Model 94 in 30/30. It has an octagon barrel and was my grandfather's gun.

TC said...

Well, I had the 44 right. I didn't notice the octagon barrel. I've got a Winchester 1894 38/40 with an octagon barrel,(which an uncle sawed of years ago and surprisingly makes a great brush rifle now.) That gun was my great grandfathers.

Rick Jordan said...

Surprisingly, it is not my favorite rifle! My father gave me his 7400 in .308 and I have killed a majority of my deer with that gun! Open sights with a 4X scope and it is deadly up to 200 yards! Also shot a lot of deer with a Browning A-Bolt in 3006! The most accurate gun I have ever shot! My 30/30 has huge sentimental value since my grandfather has passed away but I like the .308! I will pass that on to my son some day1