Thursday, February 22, 2007

Fingers Crossed

Today was a weird day at work. Al was pissy and Todd was up and down- even though he wasn't there for half the day. Al started off the day by totally pissing me off. He has had some new kid programming the satellites on the new trailers and they are having a hard time getting them to go through. I don't even get confirmations or fails from the trailers when he does them. And 90% of them fail or don't do anything. Well, Al was in a mood this morning and yelled at the kid and then yelled at me for them not going through. Hey- I volunteered to program every single one of them- sunshine or snow, hot or cold. He could have had me do all of them and wouldn't have had to worry about them. He was the one that said he wanted me to stay inside and answer the phone instead of programming them. Why am I getting yelled at for programming if I am not allowed to program them? I still do all the internal programming on them for the other building- maybe I should just say I am done doing those, too. Then, Todd goes off on the kids for ruining three cords for the hand held in two weeks! I programmed almost 200 trailers with the same hand held and never once messed up a cord- they have ruined three on 25 trailers! I hate to say I told you so, but they should have left things the way they were. One of our MIS guys got fired today for something- no one knows or they aren't saying. I instantly thought of Jerry and called to find out when I should have him call to talk to Jim. Well, they said he was taking calls for the job today so I called up Julie, got a hold of Jerry and had him call Jim to get his name in before it is too late. Man, it would be so awesome if he got the job! I try not to count my eggs before they hatch but I have been thinking about it all day and it would totally rule! Julie would have him home every night, he would be home with both Julie and Zack and he would be here in Hampden seven days a week! Hey- we will see what tomorrow brings- I am sure Jim will ask me about him some more tomorrow and I will try and get a better handle on things then. I have actually been thinking about Jerry and AJ all day today. AJ text me today and said I was the first person that he was informing that he was going to be a dad again! That he was having another son. Well, it would be outstanding news- except the girl that is pregnant is his ex-girlfriend, not the one he is with now in Auburn who had his first son. Now, he has kids with two different women! He is officially screwed now. He has a good attitude about- he says all he can do is be happy for his second son, but he is now screwed financially for the next 18 years! One way or the other, half his paycheck is gone. I feel bad for him- he didn't ask for this and the one that is pregnant now tricked him into getting her pregnant so he wouldn't leave. Damn, man- wrap that thing! Condoms are way cheaper then what he is going to have to do for the next 20 years. Well, I think I have rambled on enough about work for one day. Jerry- call me when you talk to Jim and let me know how it went- I will do whatever I can to help you there! Don't forget to use Gayle's name, too! Oh, also make sure you put me down as the one who referred you to Hartt- I get a referral bonus if you work there! Later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have my fingers crossed also!

Artistically Twisted said...

Dude, I can't thank you enough!

I don't have a copy of my Resume with me so I have gone to monster and pulled a copy that was a lil' older down and I have been trying to scrub it.
He sounded interested to talk to me.
I haven't worked with some of the database software in depth for a few years but I have used it.
But if it is a matter of getting up there I will eat, sleep, and breath my manuals and Reference material until I can Piss code without blinking.
I worked with Databases quite a bit in the past and have taken classes on it. Report writing I will brush up on and get up to speed on before I need to use it.
I have been using some programs that you guys currently don't use there so I might have a small learning curve... but under the Hood alot of the base structure is the same.
I have been quite happy at the thought of this working out. Well It sounds great... I will cross my fingers too.