Monday, February 12, 2007

Disney

Well, we just got back from a very interesting extended vacation from Disney. I think Jessi probably had the best time- she road every ride she wanted to- some 2-3 times and soaked in the hot tub and slid down the water slide with her Dad like 100 times! Sean- not so much! He is only four years old and a lot of the rides were too fast or too scary for him. He got terrified at Bugs Life, Dinosaurs and Splash Mountain and didn't really care for Pirates either. He did like the Indiana Jones show and the car stunt shows. He loved Fantasmic and some of the other kids rides that didn't scare him. He will probably be best remembered for a Jurassic Park video game in the arcade that he would have played 24-7 if we had let him. He did love the Kilamanjaro safari and the Jungle Cruise- which he insisted we ride three times. He also loved the Buzz Light Year ride and we rode that one a bunch. Both kids liked the Playhouse Disney show. Colleen rode every ride in the place- all of them! Her and Jessi road Krakken at Sea World and Tower of Terror at MGM and every other ride Disney or Sea World had to throw at them. Back to Sean for a minute- he did love Sea World- he loved feeding the seals, the shark show and patting the rays. He also loved both the firework shows we went to and he liked having his Dad there to do stuff with. I was cranky for several reasons- I am not a Disney person for one- I like my fun to be outside with guns or polls and not many people around. Too many people around me makes me kind of nervous and edgy. I rode quite a few rides- I have to say the Aerosmith roller coaster was a blast- although kind of short. Expedition Everest was also a blast- very fast and fun. Space Mountain was what I remembered and so was Splash Mountain. My parents had a lousy vacation- my Mom had a small stroke on Thursday and was still in the hospital down there when we left today. Dad has been right by her side and he is still down there as well. They hope that the doctors will clear her to fly home tomorrow so they can get back here on Wednesday but we are supposed to have a huge snow storm on Wednesday so that might be scrapped, too. My Mom set up a huge meal for everyone on Friday night and she had to miss it because she was in the hospital. Sean ate too much at the show and puked all over the place and Colleen had to leave early with him to go back to the hotel. He said later on that night that the food was just too good and he couldn't stop eating! The food was very good! Any meal where they keep feeding you ribs and chicken and corn and free pitchers of beer is ok in my book! Disney is SO overpriced on everything! $2 for a soda or water? $12-15 for a hamburger? Well, it may not have been the best vacation ever and we may be done for Disney for awhile, but all in all, it was a pretty good time. I feel bad that Mom had to miss out on all the things she had waited to do with the kids. It isn't her fault I know, but it still stinks. Also while we were down there, my brother had a seizure and cut his hand open- bad deal for the Jordan family on this vacation! Well, I need to go to bed so I can get up and go back to work tomorrow! Later

2 comments:

Artistically Twisted said...

Great to have ya back!


Sounds like you guys had a great time. :D

Sorry to hear about your mom & bro... I hope everyone gets back to good soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope your mom is OK. What a crappy thing to happen on vacation. I try to see the good side in things...It is good she was not on the plane when it happened. Hope Scotty feels better too. We sure missed you guys. It was quiet...You know except for the explosions LOL...Can't wait to see pictures!