Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ok- I Will Play, Too

The VGT Omnivore’s Hundred:

1. Venison- of course!
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile
6. Black pudding-I prefer my pudding caucasian
7. Cheese fondue - yes
8. Carp
9. Borscht
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Calamari
12. Pho
13. PB&J sandwich - yummy!
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart - yummy
16. Epoisses
17. Black truffle- have tried- didn't like
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes - had dandelion wine
19. Steamed pork buns- I am a boob man! No buns for me!
20. Pistachio ice cream- Love it
21. Heirloom tomatoes- yes- my grandfather grew them
22. Fresh wild berries- yes
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans - yes
25. Brawn, or head cheese (Ew!)- yes- my grandfather used to make it
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters - yes
29. Baklava -yes
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl - clam chowder, yes
33. Salted lassi - I bet Timmy was pissed when they killed her and salted her!
34. Sauerkraut - Heck Yeah!
35. Root beer float - No Way- Ever! Oh wait, of course!
36. Cognac with a fat cigar - With Monica Lewinski?
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O - Yes
39. Gumbo
40. Oxtail- Never eaten one but have used oxtail to tie flies
41. Curried goat
42. Whole Insects - You don't fish in Maine and NOT eat some blackflies or mosquitos! Not by choice!
43. Phaalis - UMMMM NO!
44. Goat’s milk - Have tried it- very bitter and thin!
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more - No but I sure would like to!
46. Fugu
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut - They are GOOOOOD
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi
53. Abalone
54. Paneer
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal - Heck yeah!
56. Spaetzle
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV - Yes- in Canada!
59. Poutine - What self respecting man wouldn't go down on his woman? LOL
60. Carob chips
61. S’mores - Oh Yesssss
62. Sweetbreads - Well yeah!
63. Kaolin
64. Currywurst
65. Durian
66. Frogs’ legs - YES- many, many moons ago! Not THAT bad!
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake - Heck Yeah!
68. Haggis - Yes- don't like it!
69. Fried plantain - Isn't that a Crabby Patty? Aren't they kind of small?
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette - I have managed to avoid these STD's!
71. Gazpacho
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill - I think we ALL know the answer!
76. Baijiu
77. Hostess Fruit Pie - Oh yeah!
78. Snail
79. Lapsang souchong - Is this a type of lap dance?
80. Bellini - no, but my Dad has one of their shotguns
81. Tom yum - NO- I am NOT eating Tom! This is a sick poll!
82. Eggs Benedict - Sorry, Honey but YES! I had them in Florida!
83. Pocky
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant. - No but bought tires there
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare - YES
87. Goulash
88. Flowers - Does clover count?
89. Horse - YES- does NOT taste good!
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam - I live in Maine and am a red neck! What do you think?
92. Soft shell crab - yes
93. Rose harissa
94. Catfish
95. Mole poblano - Isn't it 'No Problemo'?
96. Bagel and lox - Oh yeah! Delish!
97. Lobster Thermidor
98. Polenta
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
100. Snake

I am like Nicole in that I will try just about anything once! I do not have a refined pallet or anything- I just like different foods!

1 comment:

Artistically Twisted said...

45. I split one with ya.

"I am like Nicole in that I will try just about anything once! I do not have a refined pallet or anything- I just like different foods!" to that I say...
"43. Phaalis - UMMMM NO!" now that doesn't sound like Nicole at all.... I thought she Loved the "Phaalis" ;0)