Monday, September 15, 2008

Goose Hunting

OK, I Had a Monday Off From...
Work, so I decided to get some steel shot and a duck stamp and take advantage of the extended season on Canadian geese! I got up at 5 AM, got all ready and went out back with Dad at 530 AM. So, we didn't see any geese but we did see six turkeys and a couple of partridge. Then we went for a ride and still didn't see any geese but I talked him into driving down a road close to my house and checking out a huge swamp that Colleen had told me about! Well, that place was LOADED with ducks! There were mallards everywhere and I saw a couple of wood ducks and some black ducks, too! Well, Dad dropped me off, I went home and took a nap then went back to the spot colleen had told me about! I could TOTALLY get into duck hunting! There is all kinds of calls and trinkets and decoys! You get to have a dog to go get your ducks and I have an absolute duck haven just down the road! I am off to Cabela's to see what kind of money I am talking about before October 1 when ducks open! I have to say I know next to nothing about duck hunting but I learned turkey pretty good on the fly so I am going to dive head first into duck hunting! I can't wait to get a retriever and start training him or her to go get ducks! It will be nice to have a hunting companion to hunt with until Sean is old enough to tag along with me! Colleen seems to be OK with everything so far so I am off to do some research on decoys and calls! Later
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Ingrid said...

I told Colleen that boxers LOVE ducks. I know where you can get one. Cheap. She wasn't really buying it.

Congratulations on finding more things to shoot!

Rick Jordan said...

LOL- you make it sound like I live to shoot things! Not that I am really arguing with you but it is kind of how hunting works! LOL at boxers loving ducks! I have not heard that before!

Ingrid said...

Well it's true. Ask any schizophrenic homeless person and they'll confirm it.

And LOL, I didn't really think you would argue about living to shoot things. It doesn't bother me, the less geese, the better. My mother has always had them and I cannot STAND them!

Colleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rick Jordan said...

LOL- I am going to single handedly cut down the goose population in Hampden! I need to find a schizo homeless person now so I can ask them! And then shoot them! LOL

Julie said...

Glad you had Monday off for a change!