Friday, September 19, 2008

Jessi

OK, So Tonight, Jessi Gets Her Turn!
Where do you start when she is the first person I ever fell in love with INSTANTLY? She was born at 11:30 PM on October 25th after a very hard and LONG labor on my poor wife! When she came out, her cord was covering her privates and we never found out whether we were having a boy or a girl so I had to wait a few more seconds until the doctor said, "it is a girl!" They cleaned her up, I got to cut the cord, they wrapped her in a blanket and handed her to me! I looked at her and was instantly in love and in AWE! I couldn't believe that I made something so perfect! It was the same thing with Sean but the first one! There is just something about becoming a Dad for the first time! The whole day, I will NEVER forget it! OK, enough about the day she first came to us! She is an incredibly bright yound lady! She is smart and popular and has lots of friends! She has fashion taste I only wish I had! She is my daughter and I am her father! I can't say that I am the best guy in the world to have a teenage daughter but I will manage when the time comes! I have some tricks in my bag and I have grown over the years a look to give when some teenage boy comes over to see her or pick her up! I know for a fact that I WILL leave an impression on them! If the thought of a pissed of me is what it takes, then that is what I will deliver! She is a wonderful cook! She can just whip something up with virtually no planning and going by memory and NAIL a recipe! I am not much of a girly man so I don't think her and I connect these days like we used to when she went hunting and fishing with me! I know what boys like to do because I have been a little boy for 39 years! I don't keep it secret that I work my ass off when I have to but I LIVE life whenever I can! I think that Jessi is actually more like me than Sean is! She is smart and picks things up instantly! She is patient and doesn't need to study very hard to get really good grades! She is very similar to me in a lot of ways! the things that she likes- she is very passionate about and she gives herself to the things she likes! She is a wonderful daughter and I think I will keep her! Some day, hopefully years and years from now, I will walk her down the aisle and give her away! I will get to see her graduate high school and college hopefully before that happens! Well, off to pack a little for my trip! I leave Sunday for Orlando so I will blog about my trip when I get back! Night!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Colleen said...

Awwwww :)

Julie said...

That was So Sweet. You don't have to be a Girly Man! I think all teenage girls need is to know that Dad is there for them. She's a lucky kid!

Ingrid said...

Great blog Rick! Just ffrom the short amount of time I spent with her, she seems like such a great kid. Super polite and smart. She's absolutely beautiful!

And on a completely unrelated note, try not to violate any Disney Princesses while your down there, okay?

Artistically Twisted said...

Now for a Guy post

cool.

Hope you survive the time with Shane so that you can Walk Jess down the aisle

Rick Jordan said...

Thank you, Honey! LOL Jewels- ask Jerry, I am totally a girly man! And thank you! I made it the ENTIRE trip with out violating any princesses while I was down there, Ingrid! Thank you for the kind words! I survived it, Bro! Was NOT easy in any way, shape or form!

Rick Jordan said...

Thank you, Honey! LOL Jewels- ask Jerry, I am totally a girly man! And thank you! I made it the ENTIRE trip with out violating any princesses while I was down there, Ingrid! Thank you for the kind words! I survived it, Bro! Was NOT easy in any way, shape or form!

Rick Jordan said...

Thank you, Honey! LOL Jewels- ask Jerry, I am totally a girly man! And thank you! I made it the ENTIRE trip with out violating any princesses while I was down there, Ingrid! Thank you for the kind words! I survived it, Bro! Was NOT easy in any way, shape or form!

Nicole said...

Way to go, make me cry!
Your a dad that any girl would dream to have.