Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I Hear You


Kristie!
I had been looking forward to last night for four months! The Vikings had done a lot of new stuff last year to improve their passing game, their defense and even their special teams! Green Bay on Monday night, minus Favre in Aaron Rodger's rookie game! AD ready to go! Tavarus Jackson with a little more experience! What happened? The Vikings stunk up the joint! They lost 24-19 in a game that wasn't that close! Every time the Vikings drove down the field, they kicked a field goal. Every time GB drove down, tehy got TD's! I know how Kristie feels losing Brady for the year! He is the best in the league and the Vikings have absolutely nothing even close to him! We lost on national TV in a game they had been thinking about for 4 months with enough hype as you will ever get! The Vikings defense got ZERO pass rush, the defense gave up a 57 yard run when they needed to get the ball back, the offense three an INT with the game on the line! I know- it is ONE game but to think that they have a shot to win the Super Bowl with such a subpar QB- I can't see it! My poor Vikings are like Jerry- bending over and taking it from behind! LOL
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Ingrid said...

LOL, I actually watched the game with Scott last night and had to laugh when I thought of how you must have been reacting to the whole thing. Not laughing at your misery, but I know how loud football fans can get when things aren't quite going their way. Most the people I know are reeling from this Brady thing. Especially one in particular who wasted a really good pick on him for a fantasy football league, LOL!

Kristie said...

Dude, I feel your pain! But ya know, like you said, there was so much hype about that game which is all the more reason to end up playing like crap. So much pressure... it's tough - what am I saying, this ain't no dance recital! Get your act together boys! Slap some ass and move forward haha!

Rick Jordan said...

My friends at work asked me if I broke anything! I was loud some but mostly I took it like a Viking's fan, hung my head and went to bed! I LOVE the 'slap some ass' comment! I was left alone for the night, Ingrid! I am not a good loser and I am EXTREMELY competitive! I DO have a brother though who called me this morning and talked me off the ledge! He told me all the good things he saw in the game and reminded me it was only one game! GOD, I wanted it though...

Anonymous said...

Atleast you have a quarterback!

Vikings have a good QB, a stud RB, a great defense, but NO receivers. Randy who???

Rick Jordan said...

Randy could get frustrated if Cassel can't get the ball to him! Trust me- you DO NOT want a frustrated Randy Moss! I've been there and it doesn't end pretty!