Wednesday, September 10, 2008

OK- I Saw This...

And Had To Blog!
He is such a HAM! I love the kid to death and he absolutely fills voids in my life that I never knew where there! Don't get me wrong- I absolutely am astonished by my very bright and witty daughter and I love my wife like no other! There is something about a Dad and son! He is my BOY! We think alike, act alike and like the same things! When I see or get something cool, I can't wait to show him or tell him! I know he is the same way with me! He always greets me at the car or at the door with some snake, frog, spider, bug or creature he has caught, found or trapped! He is a BOY! There is ZERO doubt about it! He cracks me up every day with some off the wall, crazy scheme or by telling me, "Dad, when I am big, I am going to play pro football, pro baseball and be in the army!" He is an absolute original! I have never met anyone like him- and can't really say that I ever will! He is fearless! As in he has no fear! He told me he wanted me to buy him a dirt bike so he can jump the house! At FIVE! He says stuff like, "You know, I am big enough for my own gun now! You should talk Mom into letting you buy me a gun so we can shoot!" When he turns ten, he is in for some stuff he can't even imagine! He will go hunting with me and we will be sitting somewhere and it will more than likely be a turkey hunt! He will start getting bored because he isn't the most patient boy I have ever met! Then, out of nowhere, a turkey will come in or gobble and he will get the look and we might get the bird or we more than likely won't! He will get mad, realize that it all was pretty cool and be hooked for life like his old man! Then, deer season will come and we will be sitting in a spot and a deer will FINALLY show up and he will have a look of shock and disbelief and probably miss the deer and be hooked on that! I can't wait until he really catches a good fish! Until I can take him to a spot in a canoe, fish with him and hear him hook a six or seven pound bass! He will lose the first few and then be absolutely obsessed with fishing- like his Dad! Maybe he was born to be my son! Half of his DNA is mine! Kind fo figures we would like the same things! Some day, he will come in the den, tell me the Vikings are on at 1 PM and sit down to watch the game with me! I like having a son! I like having a daughter! Maybe tomorrow, I will blog about Jessi and all the things that make her SO cool! Night
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nicole said...

He is definitely one of a kind! I love that kid, he is too freaking funny.

You are a great dad, I think it is great that you find joy in all the little things both of them do.

They are both SUPER lucky.

Ingrid said...

Ditto everything Nicole said! You have two great kids and so much to look forward to doing with Sean as he gets older. Good luck with the dirtbike thing, lol! I used to race them but I don't recall ever trying to take on a house!

Rick Jordan said...

Thank you, guys! That means a lot to me! I try pretty hard to be there for them and provide for them! They are definitely pretty good kids!