Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm BACKKKKK!!!!

From Florida That Is!
I am sure everyone is riveted to know how my EXCITING AND FUN trip went so I won't tease! We flew out WAY too early on Sunday morning! Uneventful flights and we get in Florida at 1230 PM and the Vikings play at 1! I am panicking because I do NOT miss Viking's games! Period! We get to the hotel and we check in and I run my stuff up to my room and ask a lady if they have a sports bar in the hotel! She says yes and tells where it is so I run over, find the bar and ask the bartender where the Vikings game is and she sends me upstairs where a couple are watching the game and four or five guys in another table watching it. I get in there and it is 3-0 Carolina and they are driving for another score! They score and go up 10-0 and I notice the guy in front of me isn't happy about that! We keep watching and the Vikings tie the game up by halftime and I am being my normal self and watching the game! The guy finally turns around and asks me if I am a Vikings fan and I point to my shirt and he starts laughing! He is actually from Minnesota and we start talking and watching the game together! It was awesome! The Vikings came back and won behind a solid defense and enough offense and I had a BLAST! The bar is set up so you can watch like five games at once, I was getting PAID to watch the Vikings win, with OTHER Vikings fans! Probably the highlight of the trip for me! Shane wouldn't be caught dead in a sports bar which made it somewhat of a haven and I have NEVER watched a game with Vikings fans! The rest of the trip was boring classes that no one who reads this would care about, layovers and delayed flights that totally piss me off and stupid shit people wouldn't give a squirt of piss about! I did meet some cool people from Texas and we ate some good food and drank some beer while listening to a concert they put on for us! The food was pretty good- I thought it was better in Charlotte and the classes were not enough hands on in my opinion! I did learn enough to warrant the trip and I get to implement the stuff I learned tomorrow- a short six hours from now! Well, I need to get some sleep so I am off to bed! Night

1 comment:

Julie said...

Glad you are back in one piece! Sounds like a cool football game. I am down the same road as last year and have not watch a damn game yet this season. I think I have lost my football edge somewhere.....It's been weird ... two years in a row??? Anyway...Back to Shane free life LOL