Sunday, April 6, 2008

WTF?

So, I Wake Up...
At 6:15 AM, make some coffee, drink an entire pot, gather up the kitchen trash, gather up the laundry room trash, get laundry going and deliver laundry to the people it belongs and then head down stairs to grab the rest of the trash to put on the porch. I get to the bottom of the stairs and there is five inches of water over the entire basement floor! Colleen had just said she was going back upstairs to lay down so I throw on my boots, wade through the water and check the sump pump! It is F'd up BIG time! There is smoke rolling out of it and I am standing in 5 inches of water with the fucking thing plugged in! I am not the brightest bulb in the box but even I realize this is one of those stupidest home video moments just waiting for me! So, I unplug the useless fucking thing, throw it up on top of something high and head back upstairs- soaked and cold and not feeling this bullshit ONE bit! I yell to Colleen who proceeds to go down stairs and start ripping me a new one for the shit on the floor! I grab Sean and my keys and head to the dreaded Home Depot! I get back, replumb the new pump standing in five fucking inches of water- actually went much easier than I thought it would and drop the new pump in and plug it in! Now, water is pumping out like it should even though I will be the rest of the day cleaning up shit down there! I know I heard that shit box of a pump working last night so it probably only didn't work for like 12 hours but that was MORE than enough time! It has been a REALLY long time since we had water in our basement! I thought we were past that phase in our life but I guess the pump had other ideas! We had plans today which I have canceled do to water and I am really not happy about that! I was looking forward to hanging out and having fun- not working in the wet, cold basement! Well, time to go back down and make sure the water is pumping out like it should! I don't think I will try any electronic devices while I am down there! Later

3 comments:

Colleen said...

You should know better, nobody ever dares comment when it looks like we are fighting....lol!!

Rick Jordan said...

Very true!

Julie said...

Geesh It sounds shitty. I think Colleens blog expressed the emotion involved very well :) Is everything dried up now?