Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Vacation


As You May Already Know...
I am on vacation this week! The hunting has been really slow! I just saw my first deer of the week about 45 minutes ago and we couldn't get close enough for a good, clean shot! My wife is taking a shower and then we are all going out to Olive Garden for lunch! The kids and Colleen are both off today so I am probably done hunting until the evening sit! Colleen did her lamp all by herself last night and today and it looks really good! I am relaxing while stressing out about hunting but I love the week I take off to hunt! I am in no real hurry and hopefully I can get some of Colleen's projects done this week! Well, off to put my game camera disc back in and get ready to go to lunch! Later and happy Veteran's Day!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Ingrid said...

Hope you enjoy sitting in a tree waiting for deer while freezing your ass off! Woohooooo! You really know how to rock a vacation!!!







Just giving you a hard time. I know in some weird (really freaking, sick, strange, effed-up) way hunting is a relaxing, enjoyable thing for weirdos....I mean guys......like you. Have fun ;)

Rick Jordan said...

LOL- I know what you mean! As much as I obsess and ponder and think and read about ways to help me shoot a deer, it is still the awe and wonder and adrenaline rush you get when you see one or hear one coming! Plus, it was the only sport that I was REALLY good at and it helps that I don't gross out easy and have always been a really good shot! It is relaxing though- just you and the woods trying to outsmart an animal that has virtually every advantage over you in detection! I can recite the story of every deer I have shot and most of the stories of the deer I have missed! Don't believe me? Come to the dip party and I will show you! LOL

Anonymous said...

OK... now I DON'T want to go to the dip party!!

LOL

Rick Jordan said...

LOL- I was making a threat! It won't happen!