Friday, November 14, 2008

Down to the Wire


Tomorrow Is My Last...
Day of vacation for hunting! I still have Sunday off but you can't hunt in Maine on Sunday so I guess I probably better not! LOL. I might have had my chance on Thursday and I think I blew it! We saw a nice fat six pointer but I saw the deer's antlers right off the bat and Dad doesn't have a doe permit so I tried to make sure he got a crack at the deer and it slipped by us! I had a good shot at him but Dad saw the deer first and he has to shoot a buck! I still have all day tomorrow and Monday morning before I go back to work but my vacation is quickly wrapping up and it is starting to look bleak for getting one! There doesn't seem to be many deer out back! I have seen one lamb on opening day and even that deer was on the other side of the road! There is sign out back but no buck sign! For all the deer I caught on my game camera, I thought this may be easy but it hasn't turned out that way! It is like the deer moved off or aren't moving! I still have a couple of days left before the season is a complete failure! I can hunt on Thansgiving and I will take the last day off if need be! I have a half hour before work every day and I will probably hunt with Dad on those days and let out back settle down! Jessi made the cheerleading team! That is great news! And all her friends are on the saem team with her so that should be fun! I am SUPER excited about the dip party tomorrow night! I love a good dip! I am going to be double dippin' all over Nicole's joint! LOL. Well, I need to go mix myself and my wife a drink and wait for miss cheerleader to come home! See everyone tomorrow night and hopefully, I will have a full tag! I went and got some rattling antlers today at Dick's and I plan on hunting my ass off tomorrow to see if we can put a wrap on this hunting season! I don't quit easy- as a matter of fact, I don't quit at all! So I am off to mix up a cold one and congratulate my daughter on making the team! Later

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Julie said...

sorry you haven't got your deer yet!!!! I was hoping to log on today and see your deer! :(