Monday, August 4, 2008

Yawner

OK, This Is Going to Be...
A yawner of a blog for everyone except Chris and Kristie! I spent the entire day at work listening to ESPN radio hoping for news that now that Favre has been reinstated, that he has been traded to the Vikings for a first or second round pick. I never got the news! The Packers are saying they will have an open competition for their starting QB bu I don't think they are truthful! I think they want Favre to go away and will do anything to keep him from wearing a Viking's jersey! I heard today that when Favre met with the commissioner, he asked Favre what he wanted and Favre replied he wanted to play for the Packers. The commish asked him what he wanted if that wasn't possible and Favre said he wanted to play for the Vikings so he could kick the Packers asses twice a year! Ihave swung full circle on this! I want him SO badly to play for the Vikings! I want a #4 Vikings jersey and I want to cheer and rout for a player I have despised for 16 years! I want him to march out on Lambeau field on September 8 as the ENEMY! Crossing my fingers and hoping they will pull the trigger some time tomorrow before Favre takes the field to practice! All bets are off if he reports and practices! This whole soap opera is compelling and hopefully contains a happy ending for a certain Vikings fan who blogs here occasionally! Hopefully with, "And starting at quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings... Brett Favre!" Later

6 comments:

Kristie said...

I know you're excited about him possibly playing for the Vikings and with that aside I find it ridiculous he is even going to play at all. What is he coming back to play for? Don't tell me... a super bowl title! BLAH* He's already won 1, that's more then most can say!! And he's got plenty of other fat stats under his belt. So my suggestion is to retire and stay retired. He's young (38), but he's old in football years. Say good-bye! He had a hell of a run now it's time to bow out! peace!

Rick Jordan said...

OK, I get that he is old and not the Favre of old! We don't need the Favre of old to make the Super Bowl! We have the best running game in all of football, the best defensive line in all of football and one of it not the best offensive line in all of football! We are a quarterback that people fear from going to the Super Bowl! If we have Favre, people can't stack the line to stop Peterson and he becomes a legitimate threat to rush for 2000 yards and 25-30 TDs! We have the team to make a run at the SB and he is ALL we are missing! If we get him, I guarantee I will have Direct TV that week 'cause there is NO way I miss a Vikings game with him on the team! It has been since Culpepper had his monster seasons since the Vikes have had a QB people fear! People FEAR Favre! I know I did for 16 years!

Anonymous said...

Well bottom line Rick he is just giving you another reason to hate him. He was great and He still probably good but like Vinny Testeverde he will more then likely end up as third string QB for the Jets or Patroits. He is screwing up his noble legacy as the head cheesehead in GB. I really figured he would retire then pick up coaching staff or headquarters in GB and stay in the spotlight and his name would live on for years in Green Bay but I think he blew that. Who respects ppl like emitt smith, vinny, deon sanders etc the ones that play beyond there years with no glory. Go out like THE BUS, John Elway, and Strahan who go out as winners. Maybe Favre doesnt have the new ring as he bows out but he has had one and set many records since. TIme to play the role most old qb play, retire or play backup. Green Bay made him and they own him he needs to remeber that they stuck with him in some rough years. Thats just my rambling what do I know I am just a JETS fan. Prepare for him to disappoint you again and you will hate him worse then ever for getting you hopes up.

Kristie said...

Well said my friend well said!

Rick Jordan said...

I don't agree, Karl! For a couple of reasons! One is 29 TD passes last year and a trip to the NFC championship, the other is he is NOT a third string QB! He is top five QBs of all time- not Vinny(no offense)! I think my pipe dream is probably over since the Packers are scared to death that we get him, smoke their asses twice in the regular season and roll through the playoffs and win the Super Bowl! I do win though whether he goes to the Jets or Bucs! We don't have to play him twice a year which makes both games against them this year much easier! Plus I don't see the Pack winning more than eight games which helps, too! He is respected though and that is what my team needs at QB! I do know I can't wait for football! Either Kristie or Karl interested in a fantasy football league? I want to start my own but want to make sure I have enough players before I commit! Later

Anonymous said...

he is like all the spoiled football players he will end up as a Jets third string or BUc back up qb or go home and play with his bo flex