Friday, July 11, 2008

Vacation and Favre

Today Was My Last...
Day of work for a whole week! I have been looking forward to today for weeks! The day dragged a little bit but it is FINALLY all over! We are getting ready for camp and packing stuff for our trip! I am looking forward to camp then OOB! A week away from work would be great but I think we have enough fun packed into the week to make it a truly awesome week! The last time we went to Portland for a night, we had a blast- except for the HUGE snow storm we had to drive home in! I don't think we will have to worry about a snow storm next week! I had to post this picture of the raccoon with the laser beam eyes! Looks like he is melting some other raccoon or deer with his eyes! The big news on ESPN is that Favre wants the Packers to release him and let him choose the team he wants to play for! The Vikings are a QB away from being a SB contender and are reported to have already contacted Favre's agent about him coming to the Vikings! OK- I know what you are thinking- the player I hate the most of every player EVER in the NFL playing for MY Vikings? Rick- have you lost your mind? NO- I haven't! He makes the Vikings a Super Bowl contender INSTANTLY! The only thing the Vikings lack is an experienced QB! People couldn't stack 8 and 9 in the box to stop AD, he would run WILD against normal sets and Favre could tear apart defenses stacked to stop AD! How great would it be to see Favre play for the Vikings twice a year and tear the hearts out of the Packers? I hope it happens! It would be the most compelling story in the NFL next year! Vikings fans are torn on whether they want him to play for us! I say it is worth it to see the Packer's fans squirm in their seats when #4 in purple comes out to take the ball with 2:00 left and the Vikes down by four! LOVE IT! Well, off to help my wife pack and get ready for camp tomorrow! Night and talk to everyone on Tuesday when we come back!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Ingrid said...

You had me right up until "The Vikings." Then I just started feeling tired. And confused.

I hope you guys have a GREAT trip!

Rick Jordan said...

LOL- that is OK! We will try!

Artistically Twisted said...

I hope you guys have a great time see you when you get back.

Rick Jordan said...

You know it! It is OK, Ingrid! I have, in 39 years of being alive only met ONE girl who would get everything I said there and she will be my SIL some day!