Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Gramps

The Rifle I Am Holding...
In my right hand was my grandfather's rifle! This year, I will shoot my first deer with THAT rifle or I won't shoot one at all! I have seen deer for what seems like every day for a week and a half. Everywhere I go, I see a deer or two! I hope it keeps up and I see plenty of deer during deer season and shoot a HUGE buck! The truth is I have been thinking of Gramp a lot lately! He was my hero growing up- he fought in WW2 and he spoiled me rotten! Yes, he drank too much and yes he might have not been the best person in the world but he was GRAMP to me! Speaking of gramp and feeling old, I was working today and one of the girls up to the other building sent me a message to see if I could have someone look at her car for her and she called me Mr. Jordan! I later found out that the girl is only 17 but WOW- it made me feel like 200 years old! LOL. Work has been hectic and helter skelter this week as usual and I can't believe it is only Tuesday! Eighteen days until deer season and I just might be a little bit excited! Later
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Kristie said...

SHOOT A BIG ONE!!! what will you make out of the meat? Steaks, jerky, stew...?

Rick Jordan said...

Oh yeah! Steak, stew, hamburg maybe! Do you like it? Colleen only likes it in stew or cooked with raymonds.

Kristie said...

Yea, I like it. I L.O.V.E smoked deer meat! YUM!

Rick Jordan said...

Hmmmm- smoked! Maybe I should get a smoker instead of a 360!

Anonymous said...

I don't think we have had deer steak since Jerry hit that one with his car when we were dating. It traumatized us I guess. The deer had just had a baby that morning and we were going like 25 miles an hour down the road to his folks house (the speed limit was 35 but he was talking) Anyway out of no where a deer just jumped onto/into the car. She died instantly and the car was wrecked. I almost went through the windshield because I didn't have my seatbelt on for some reason. Anyway the state came and got the baby and Jerry's dad got the deer and strung it up in a tree and all that...Jerry just kept looking at it and feeling like shit. Wow...too damn sad....If I were a guy I could just make a booby comment or something here and change the mood LOL....

Rick Jordan said...

I like boobs! LOL- I am a guy so I guess that means I can make a boob comment!

Kristie said...

GET A SMOKER!!!!!!!

Karl_Hartley said...

Get A PS3 not a smoker or 360
Anyway nice guns.