Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

We Went Out To Eat...
With Len, Dyan and Nick to the new Japanese/Chinese restaurant last night! The service absolutely sucked but the food was really good! I tried sushi for the first time in my life and I have to say- except for the mackerel, it was really good! I also got invited by a friend from work to go see a playoff NFL game in Tennessee! Work has been ho-hum this week and I have today off! My big plan was to go ice fishing with Sean, Jessi, Dad and some guys from work but I was afraid there wasn't any ice and decided not to risk it! OK, we discussed New Years goals at dinner last night so I will post them so they are in writing! 1. To lose 15 pounds! This will be the easiest of the four I think. I gave up doing cardio about a year ago and I guess I need to add that back to my regiment. I still do a ton of weights but they don't do much for losing weight! I gained about ten pounds over Thanksgiving and Christmas and I need to lose a few pounds so I look good in my bikini for the summer! LOL 2. Finish the bathroom in our bedroom! This should be the second easiest! Scott and I have about an hour or two left and it will be done. This one also includes tiling the other rooms Colleen wants to do and her shoe rack thingy. 3. Get my basement to a normal level so I can actually walk down there and not be ashamed! I want it insulated and if I dare, start framing and putting up real walls! It seems to flood down there every two months no matter what I do so I am worried about that! I would really like a work bench with tools and saw and stuff to make shelves for my wife since Kristie will not let it go! LOL 4. To seriously cut back on dipping or quit all together! I got some nicotine things from my wife but they turn me into a blubbering idiot! I take one and it is like I just smoked crack! Don't know if those are the answer or not! Well, once again- have a fantastic New Years and I hope it is a happy, profitable new year for everyone! Maybe the economy will wake up and things will turn around once Obama is sworn in! Later

4 comments:

Kristie said...

You better believe I'm not going to let it go. What kind of HUSBAND doesn't build shelves for his wife? Geez'm! Step it up Rick, STEP IT UP!

Rick Jordan said...

I'll be hearing about those damn shelves until I am 60! LOL! THAT should have been my New Year's goal! Build shelves! LOL

Anonymous said...

YEAH RICK!!! STEP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!

Julie said...

You know Rick....Jerry even build ME shelves.....Come ON! :)