Monday, May 26, 2008

Turkeys, Steak and Fun!

What An Awesome Memorial Day...
Weekend! I got out of work Saturday and then Jerry, Julie, Heather, Kevin, Tim and Kristie came over for fun and drinks! We had a blast! I drank too much and had a really good time! I have been on call all weekend so it hasn't been all peaches and sunshine but oh well! Sunday was fine! I got some stuff done around he house, messed around a bit, hung out with the kids and basically just chilled out! Monday is the restart of my turkey season so I got up at 330 AM and headed out back. Nothing out there but Dad wanted me to come get him at 7AM so I did and we road around and saw a TON of birds! We saw one HUGE tom with a big, white head and called him into what I thought was 40 yards! It was more like 65 yards and I totally blew it and missed him completely! My arm still hurts from shooting my new gun! Then we had some lunch, I took a nap and we went to Walmart! I bought a new burner for my grill, got that all installed and promptly ran out of propane before I had a chance to cook! So, I grabbed my son and we went out back and got some wood and built a fire! We cooked the steaks over an open fire and they came out GREAT until I dropped one of them in the fire! I had to fish it out of the fire- which Cooper seemed to like a whole lot! Then I cooked another steak on the fire and ate supper! I have been paged twice since then and I am sitting here at the computer completely spent and ready to go read and go to bed! I think I am bailing on the turkeys! This was kind of my last hoorah and I think I am done until next year! Of course, I could wake up early tomorrow and head back out! Haven't really completely given up yet! Well, off to chill out and go to bed! Night!

No comments: