Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Own 835

Today, My Wonderful...
Wife bought me a Mossberg 835 turkey killing machine! I was SO excited to get home and take it out of the box! I can't wait to take it with me in the morning and maybe get a chance to unleash it at a real bird! Sunday is Mother's Day and I get a new gun! How cool is that? Tonight, Sean's baseball team had their first game. I thought it went quite well! The kids seemed to have fun and stay interested for the most part and the atmosphere was very noncompetitive and laid back! They don't keep score and all the kids get to bat. Dad helped out a lot and Sean did quite well! I need to work on him with throwing and catching though! He seems to be behind the other kids in hand-eye coordination which I never would have expected from him! He can cast a fishing rod under a culvert from an angle! I think he is like me though and team sports don't really excite him like hunting and fishing do! Sounds like the whole apple didn't fall far from the tree thing to me! I think he just needs some practice though and he will be fine with baseball. He hits really good! Well, off to rub my wife's feet and watch Survivor and Lost! Night

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to see a picture of that bad boy shotgun and a picture of your son casting in the culvert shot lol

Colleen said...

Yeah, I definitely think it's a "lack of interest" issue. Like you said, I think he'd be happier spending those 2 hours with his friends just running around and crashing into each other. All that baseball crap just gets in the way of his fun! ;)

Rick Jordan said...

Go to mossberg.com and click on the 835's then scroll through until you see the 835 Ultra-mag turkey with the real tree pattern! It has the fiber optic sites and shoots 3 1/2 inch shells! I will get your picture of Sean casting under the culvert! Did you kill that albino yet? I want to see that bird!