Saturday, May 16, 2009

Week Two

Started Out Really Well...
Tom got his first bird ever on Monday. We had birds gobbling all over the place! I came close but the bird decided to head down the tracks instead of coming to us. Worked out OK though since Tom killed the same bird. Hunted every day this week and saw and heard lots of birds but never got another good chance until today. Have to it lay out there like I see it! I blew an easy one this morning. I tried to get cute and shoot a bird's head between two trees and ended up killing the tree and not the bird. Just for the record, I HATE missing! I know no one is perfect and you can't kill every bird you shoot at but I think waiting another minute and I would have got a better shot. I was a little over confident and thought I could pull it off and it just didn't end like I wanted. No big deal really- I still have three full days to hunt and before work every day as well so I just need to be patient, let it pass and all should be fine. Other than a ton of hunting and work, not a whole let else going on! I had a great time on our trip to Manchester and have truly enjoyed this Saturday off. Well, off to watch a movie with the girls and then go to bed. I get to sleep in until 530 AM tomorrow! LOL

No comments: